Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

add to kirtsy

This morning I was helping my 10-year-old daughter study for her test on the brain. I would ask her “What does the Temporal Lobe control?” She would answer, “Problem solving and emotions.”

I would then ask her, “What does the Occipital Lobe control?” She would answer, “Vision.”

Well she seemed to get most of the answers correct when asked in this format. So I decided to change things up and ask the questions in a different way. So then I asked, “What lobe controls emotions and problem solving?” She answered, “Frontal Lobe.”


Finally, I asked her, “What Lobe controls hearing?” She didn’t recall this one as well. She paused while she thought about it, at which point her 6-year-old brother chimed in, “The Ear Lobe.”

Talk about a good laugh over a plate of waffles. Leave it to kids to be so literal and so funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha now that is just too cute. I just love kids. You just never know whats going to come out of their little mouths

FineLine Antiques said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Yeah, I could really fill the whole blog with his brilliant comments, thoughts, jokes and observations. Check back as I will post more.