We are getting ready to participate in several antiques/craft fairs in the coming months. Unfortunately, due to my body falling apart (hip dysplasia and arthritis) I cannot sit in regular lawn chairs. So I decided to dress this one up for the show.
I bought a bunch of fabric for another project and used pieces for this project. All told, I probably used 2-3 yards. At $4 a yard, this project was CHEAP!!
Since I am not fully skilled at this type of work, I finished the project but had two bald spots - spots that were not covered in my new fabric. I couldn't figure out how to fix it.........until.......
I had been making fabric rosettes to sell at the sales! After a few were made, that is when I had the "AHA!" moment. I immediately ran to my work room and held the rosettes up and sure enough they covered the spot and looked damn cute!!
I started to stitched them on with a regular needle....didn't work. Then I recalled seeing large curved needles in one of my vintage needle packs. I grabbed one of those and the they got the job done licketly split. Turns out the big curved needle is an upholstery needle. Let me tell you, it works GREAT!
As we make more fun treasures for the show, I will try to post them here for you to view. Be sure to stop by and see us:
April 29, 2012, The Arboretum of South Barrington Antiques Fair, South Barrington
May 18 & 19, 2012, Na da Farm Barn Sale, Esmond, IL
June 9, 2012, 3 French Hens Market, Morris, IL
I am sharing this post with the linky party today on Jennifer Rizzo's blog. Check out the posts, they are sure to inspire!!